24.4.10

A Signed Lease and About Ten Boxes Later...

And Nicholas and baby Zooey and I will be moving. Our lease begins June 1, and we will be moving shortly before, as long as we get approval to put things in the apartment a few days early. Today I am recovering from a nasty illness and packing up books. The boxes are all lined up like little soldiers underneath our tall countertop separating kitchen from living room, and as I look around, I think I might just miss this place a little. We have some very fond and ridiculous memories stored here, in these counters and walls and windows.

But I think our new apartment will hold just as many nice memories for us--more, even. We will have little Zooey Michaela there, and she will come home to that apartment, not this one, and that will be our home for a year. Even more time than we will have spent here at this place. My heart does still ache a little for this place, though. It was our first home, where we learned so much about each other, and have had so many disastrous dinners and mistakes...many of them mine...and where Nicholas set up our very first Christmas tree, and learned that we are living on love.

Enough sappy stuff. (: Time to pack the boxes! And have some chicken minestrone soup. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment